Set font level to default
Ashland Senior Services Division &
Ashland Senior Center
1699 Homes Avenue, Ashland | 541.488.5342
Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Senior Services Division of the Ashland Parks and Recreation Commission enhances the lives of seniors by promoting healthy aging, well-being, dignity and independence. We empower older adults as valued, contributing members of the community and together advocate for the diverse needs of the seniors and their families throughout Ashland. We offer support services and a variety of free or low cost recreational, social and educational opportunities at the Ashland Senior Center and other locations.
Hours, services and activities are subject to change due to public health and staffing conditions. All activities require registration, and public health precautions such as masking and physical distancing may be required. For more information, call 541.488.5324 or email email@example.com.
The following services support seniors and their families.
Ashland Senior Advisory Committee
- Information & Referral: Referrals to local and regional resources for seniors and family caregivers
- Education: Seminars and workshops on topics of interest to seniors and their families
- Recreation and Social Activities: Weekly games, movies, discussion group, and specially scheduled craft activities
- Ashland Senior Phone Buddy: Add more fun and connection to your life by letting us match you to a volunteer for regular check-ins and socializing by phone or video chat. We are also accepting volunteer applications for this program.
- Congregate Lunch & Meal Delivery: Our partner RVCOG Food & Friends offers in-person dining at Ashland Senior Center. Currently this is available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays by reservation. Please call Food & Friends at 541-488-9850 to reserve a space or request meals for pick-up. Food & Friends continues to offer meals for home delivery; call 541-734-9505 to sign-up.
- Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance (SHIBA): Call to schedule an appointment for free assistance with Medicare, supplemental plans and prescription plans. Currently only being offered over the phone.
- Senior Utility & Internet Discounts: Offered by the City of Ashland for low-income utility and/or internet customers over age 65, or over age 60 with a disability
- Free Bus Cards/Valley Lift Vouchers: Prepaid Touchpass/UMO bus cards and Valley Lift vouchers are available to seniors 62 and older
- Senior Food Box Program: We can help you connect with Ashland Emergency Food Bank for home-delivered food
- Free library: An honor system lending library of donated books, DVDs and jigsaw puzzles
- Newsletter: Call 541.488.5342 to sign up for our monthly newsletter with current events and programs, helpful local resources, topical articles and more
(ASAC) advises Ashland Parks and Recreation Commissioners on matters related to the Senior Services Division and advocates for the needs of seniors. Learn more about ASAC here
, and view meetings, agendas and minutes here
- Volunteer - Check out our volunteer program and complete an online volunteer application
- Donate – Your donations help us enrich and sustain services for local seniors. Donate online, or mail checks payable to Ashland Parks Foundation to Ashland Senior Services Division, 1699 Homes Ave, Ashland, OR 97520.
- Sponsor a Program – Contact the Senior Services Superintendent for more information.
For more information, call 541.488.5342